OUTLINE OF COURSE CONTENT
This training course includes aspects of:
- The science, causes and sources of infection
- Types of infection, symptoms, and transmission
- Appropriate policies and relevant legislation
- Safe practices, personal hygiene, PPE and waste segregation
- Risk assessment
At the end of this e-learning module candidates will be able to:
- Identify policies, procedures and legislation linked to the control and prevention of infections
- Describe the causes of infection and approaches to control them
- Explain the use of PPE, personal hygiene, and safe practices
- Contribute to and articulate the responsibilities of both the employer and employee
- Make contributions to and understand the main principles of risk assessment in the control of infections
WHO WOULD BENEFIT FROM THIS TRAINING
All those who are employed in the health and social care sector but particularly new recruits and transferees.
Existing employees required to maintain and update their mandatory training.
Those employees who are seeking to obtain a formal qualification in the health and social care sector.